The Dolmetscher- und Übersetzervereinigung (DÜV) translators’ and interpreters’ association was founded in 1951 by graduates of the Zurich School for Translation and Interpretation (DOZ). The agency affiliated to the association was managed at that time by the former Zurich School for Translation and Interpretation (DOZ).
In spring 1978, the agency gained independence from the DOZ, to which it was previously affiliated, and opened its own offices in Zurich. Since then, the association has developed into a true society of working professionals and alumni.
Today, DÜV has a membership of just over 250, with around 20 members actively contributing to its various committees on a voluntary basis.